Art Scholarship: Year 7 entry 2022
- The scholarship is awarded to a prospective year 7 pupil who displays a marked talent or potential for, and a
noteworthy commitment to, Art.
- The Art scholarship may be awarded to any girl who successfully passes the entrance assessment for year 7.
- The scholarship value is usually up to 10% of the annual school fee and is expected to be held continuously
from year 7 to year 13.
- The scholar’s progress and involvement in Art in the school will be reviewed annually and the award may be
withdrawn if this is unsatisfactory.
- The application form must be completed and returned to the school by Friday 11 November 2022.
- Candidates must submit a sketchbook and portfolio containing ten pieces of their own work. This must be clearly labelled and brought to the main school reception on the week commencing 14 November 2022. We will be in further contact with applicants regarding the collection of their portfolios
- The work can have been made in any material; ideally it should contain a range of media and subject matter. We are looking for both skill and creativity. A photograph of fragile or three-dimensional pieces will suffice.
- The portfolio components can have been made at home and/or at school but must provide evidence of direct
observational drawing skills.
- Candidates will be notified if they have or have not been selected for the practical assessment and interview after the deadline.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited in for a drawing assessment and interview on Tuesday 6 December. Details will be confirmed by email.
Applicants will be informed of the decision when they receive their entrance examination results in February.
The Head of Art’s decision is final. Brief written feedback for all shortlisted candidates will be included in the letter informing you of the outcome.
Head of Art