Capture the spirit of your local community and win a £20 Amazon voucher. Runners-up receive £10 Amazon vouchers.
- Are you in year 5 or year 6 and like taking photos?
- Are you currently in Sydenham High Junior School or thinking of applying to Sydenham High School?
Then why not enter our photographic competition!
Here is what you need to do:-
- Take a photo on your camera or smart phone that captures the spirit of your local community
- Send it as a high resolution jpeg attachment (300dpi) to: before 12 noon on Wednesday 22 November along with:
- your name
- your age
- your school
- your parent’s name and contact details
- a sentence on why you believe your photo represents the spirit of your local community
- A Winner and a runner-up in each year group will be notified on Monday 27 November.
- Entries will be digitally displayed around the school and at our Autumn events prior to as well as after the competition closes so entering early is recommended.
Please read the terms and conditions below very carefully. We look forward to seeing your photos!
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Entry is open to all pupils currently in year 5 and year 6 who are either at Sydenham High School GDST or are eligible to apply for a place at Sydenham High School GDST (the school).
- Only one entry per person is permitted and it must be the pupil’s own work.
- Entries must be a high resolution jpeg image (minimum 300dpi) emailed as an attachment to email@example.com before 12noon on Wednesday 22 November.
- By entering the competition all entrants and their parents/guardians grant the school the right to publish and display their photos in perpetuity.
- All entries must be accompanied by the following information: name of pupil; age of pupil; current school; parent or guardian’s name, email address and a daytime contact telephone number.
- Use of a false name or other details will also result in disqualification.
- The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright to the photograph submitted and must have obtained permission of any people featured in it or from their parents/guardians if children under 16 are shown. Where an individual or residential property belonging to someone other than the photographer and their immediate family are featured, the entrant must seek permission of the property owner. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photograph.
- No responsibility can be accepted for non-arrival of entries by the closing date.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no alternatives will be offered.
- The winners will be notified by email and/or telephone on Monday 27 November.
- The images will be judged without knowledge of the identity of the photographer. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Alongside the winning images, the winners and their parent(s) or guardian agree(s) to the use of the winner’s name, a photograph of the winner and disclosure of winner’s school and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Sydenham High School relating to post-competition publicity.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners. If the winners cannot be contacted, or they are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the school reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner-up selected by the same judges.
- The school reserves the right to amend or alter the terms of the competition at any time and reject entries from entrants not deemed to be entering into the spirit of the competition.
- Details of the winners (first name and school) will be available on request from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The competition promoter is Sydenham High School GDST, 19 Westwood Hill, London SE26 6BL,.charity number: 306983