‘Where girls can’
When a girl joins a Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST) school, like Sydenham High, she becomes part of an inclusive community dedicated to girls and young women.
We are pioneers inshaping the future of girls’ education – empowering girls to fulfil their dreams.
What makes this true?
- We are crusading for girls
- We are responsible for the life chances of 20,000 girls
- We are helping to create female leaders
- We have an amazing alumnae network, with access to inspiring leaders
- We have pioneering roots
- We spearhead many innovative initiatives within the schools
- We are passionate about girls-only education
- We want to change the narrative around girls and women, and help change the world
- We are confident and optimistic
The Girls’ Day School Trust is the UK’s largest group of independent girls’ schools, a national leader in girls’ education. GDST schools and academies share an ethos and a proud heritage of girls-only education and are members of a unique network. Our students outperform their peers in public exams, but we know there’s so much more to a truly broad and balanced education than just stellar exam results. At our schools, girls can compete and collaborate with their peers in other GDST schools, taking part in Trust-wide events, rallies, performances and activities.
Choosing a GDST school offers the peace of mind that comes from knowing your daughter’s school is part of an organisation with an unparalleled track record of achievement and stability. A charitable organisation, based on enduring values and with over 140 years’ expertise in girls’ education, that always strives to put the needs and wellbeing of our girls first, and a place ‘where girls can’.