These uniform regulations apply to Prep School pupils.
- Pupils are expected to identify themselves with Sydenham High School and its ethos by wearing their uniforms neatly and without adaptations.
- Jewellery: One pair of small stud earrings can be worn however these may have to be removed for some activities. No rings, necklaces, bracelets or wristbands are allowed. Small, discrete watches can be worn.
- No make-up is allowed, and no coloured nail varnish.
- Long hair should be tied back, and any hair accessories must be navy blue, black or white. No unnatural looking hair colouring is permitted.
- In accordance with the HALO code, we do not discriminate against culturally significant hairstyles. Hair wraps, scarves and accessories should be navy blue, white or black.
- For school, pupils should wear flat, black, leather shoes in a traditional ‘school shoe’ style (no suede, no patent, no sandals, no boots).
- For sport, a supportive pair of white trainers is required.
- Pupils in Reception should wear plain white trainers (velcro fastening) with their jogging tracksuit. School shoes should be worn with their summer uniform.
Pupils should wear the navy blue school coat, which is available from SchoolBlazer. This can be worn three ways and meets the various needs of the school events that take place. Hats and scarves should be plain navy. Pupils in Reception through to year 2 should bring a Prep School Book Bag to school each day. They will also need waterproof trousers, wellies and a blue jacket. Pupils in years 3 to year 6 should bring a Prep School Rucksack to school each day. Both can be purchased from Schoolblazer. PE kit should be brought in a plain navy bag.
All items must be bought online from www.schoolblazer.com. Everything should be named, and a free name-taping service is available through Schoolblazer.
In addition to the above girls need to wear either white or navy ankle or knee length socks. White socks should be worn with PE kit. Trainer socks are not permitted.
There is also a trouser option available.
Our bespoke PE Kit is supplied by SchoolBlazer and can ordered online at www.schoolblazer.com.
There is also the option of purchasing baselayer items which are optional but please note that no alternatives can be worn.
Prep School: compulsory items
Navy crested polo, navy v-neck crested sweatshirt, navy crested jogging bottoms.
White revere-collar blouse, bespoke check pinafore, navy cardigan with lilac contrast trim, navy tights.
White revere-collar blouse, bespoke check pleat skirt, navy v-neck jumper with lilac contrast trim, navy tights (this uniform continues to year 8).
The blue art smock should be purchased for pupils in years 3 to 6.
Bespoke navy striped summer dress (to be worn with cardigan/jumper and white or navy socks) or navy shorts (to be worn with a shirt, cardigan/jumper and white or navy socks)
Either winter or Summer uniform can be worn during the first half of the Autumn Term when the weather can be variable. Winter uniform should be worn from after the October Half Term to the end of the Spring Term. Summer uniform should be worn throughout the Summer Term.
In addition to the above pupils need to wear either white or navy ankle or knee length socks. White socks should only be worn with PE kit. Trainer socks are not permitted.