Sydenham High Uniform Regulations
These uniform regulations apply to Prep School pupils.
- Girls are expected to identify themselves with Sydenham High School and its ethos by wearing their uniforms neatly and without adaptations.
- Jewellery: Small stud earrings can be worn however these may have to be removed for some activities. No rings, necklaces, bracelets or wristbands are allowed. Small, discrete watches can be worn.
- No make-up is allowed, and no coloured nail varnish.
- Long hair must be tied back, and any hair accessories must be navy blue or a neutral colour. Hair colouring is not permitted, nor should any part of the head be shaved.
- For school, girls should wear flat, black, leather shoes in a traditional ‘school shoe’ style (no suede, no patent, no sandals, no boots).
- For sport, a supportive pair of white trainers is required.
Girls may wear a coat of their choice which should be plain blue or black. Pupils in Reception through to Year 2 should bring a Prep School Book Bag to school each day. Pupils in Year 3 to year 6 should bring a Prep School Rucksack to school each day. Both can be purchased from Schoolblazer. PE kit should be brought in a plain navy bag.
All items must be bought online from www.schoolblazer.com. Everything should be named, and a free name-taping service is available through Schoolblazer.
In addition to the above girls need to wear either white or navy ankle or knee length socks. White socks should be worn with PE kit. Trainer socks are not permitted.
There is also a trouser option available.
Our bespoke PE Kit is supplied by SchoolBlazer and can ordered online at www.schoolblazer.com.
There is also the option of purchasing baselayer items which are optional but please note that no alternatives can be worn.