These uniform regulations apply to years 7-11.
- Pupils are expected to identify themselves with Sydenham High School by wearing their uniforms neatly and without adaptations.
- Jewellery: a simple chain necklace with a small pendant may be worn, as may one pair of stud earrings. These may have to be removed for some activities.
- No make-up is allowed, and no coloured nail varnish for the Lower School (years 7-9). In the Upper School (years 10-11), make up must be discreet and natural. No false eyelashes or nails are permitted.
- Long hair should be tied back, and any hair accessories must be navy blue or a neutral colour. No unnatural looking hair colouring is permitted.
- In accordance with the HALO code, we do not discriminate against culturally significant hairstyles. Hair wraps, scarves and accessories should be navy blue, white or black.
- No body piercings are allowed, other than a single piercing in each ear lobe.
- Headscarves worn for religious reasons should ideally be navy blue or black.
- For school, pupils should wear flat, black, leather/synthetic leather shoes in a traditional ‘school shoe’ style (no suede, no patent, no sandals, no canvas, no boots, no trainers).
- For sport, a supportive pair of trainers is required, preferably with laces. No specific colour requirements.
Pupils may wear a coat of their choice which should be plain and ideally blue or black. There is no school bag but it is advisable that girls use a sturdy rucksack and an appropriately sized bag for PE kit.
All compulsory uniform items must be bought online from www.schoolblazer.com. Everything should be named, and a free name-taping service is available through Schoolblazer.
Compulsory uniform items
- Long sleeve or short sleeve revere blouse
- Tartan skirt. Skirts must reach a pupil’s knee (trousers and shorts are available as an alternative)
- Navy jumper with lilac contrast trim.
- Navy jacket with lilac trim
In addition to the above pupils need to wear either navy ankle socks, navy knee length socks, or opaque navy tights. These can be purchased from Schoolblazer. White socks should only be worn with PE kit. Trainer socks are not permitted. There is also a trouser option available which must be purchased from Schoolblazer.
Our bespoke PE Kit is supplied by SchoolBlazer and can be ordered online at www.schoolblazer.com.
- Navy/purple sports top
- Navy/purple skort
- Navy/purple tracksuit top
- Navy/purple tracksuit trousers
- Navy games socks
There is also the option of purchasing baselayer items which are optional but please note that no alternatives can be worn.