The curriculum at Sydenham High School is not limited to the classroom and so every department organises stimulating excursions and events that make connections between different subjects and bring areas of study alive, as well as offering invaluable and memorable educational experiences. These exceptional learning opportunities introduce girls to many new experiences and enrich their education.
We make excellent use of the opportunities that London and the surrounding areas provide for exhibitions, productions, and days out; and our pupils attend relevant and informative conferences, including visits to Parliament and other key London venues. Through the GDST, our pupils are able to attend a myriad of exciting events, from robotics competitions, to sports tournaments and Oxbridge preparation days.
We also aim to provide our pupils with opportunities to travel and explore new cultures and horizons. Here is a small selection of trips we have recently run:
- Year 7 induction trip to Downe
- Ski trip to Boston
- History trip to Ypres
- Classics and Italian trip to Pompeii
- Rowing trip to Amsterdam with Dulwich College
- Netball tour to Barbados
- Spanish trip to Malaga and Grenada
- Spanish trip to Barcelona
- French trip to Loire Valley
- Geography trip to Iceland
- Student exchange with Australia
- Choir tour to Estonia