The curriculum at Sydenham High School is not limited to the classroom and so every department organises stimulating excursions and events that make connections between different subjects and bring areas of study alive, as well as offering invaluable and memorable educational experiences. These exceptional learning opportunities introduce girls to many new experiences and enrich their education.
We make excellent use of the opportunities that London and the surrounding areas provide for exhibitions, productions, and days out; and our pupils attend relevant and informative conferences, including visits to Parliament and other key London venues. Through the GDST, our pupils are able to attend a myriad of exciting events, from robotics competitions, to sports tournaments and Oxbridge preparation days.
We also aim to provide our pupils with opportunities to travel and explore new cultures and horizons. Here is a small selection of trips we have recently run:
- Year 7 bonding trip to Downe Activity Centre
- Ski trips to Boston and Austria
- History trip to Ypres
- History & Politics trip to Washington
- Classics and Italian trip to Pompeii
- Rowing camps in Amsterdam and Portugal with Dulwich College
- Netball tours to Barbados & South Africa
- Spanish trips to Madrid, Barcelona, Malaga and Grenada
- French trip to Loire Valley
- Geography trip to Iceland
- Student exchange with Australia
- Choir tour to Estonia
Pupils from all phases of the school have achieved considerable successes beyond the classroom.