At Sydenham High School we believe that pupils need to be well nourished at lunchtime so that they can learn well in the afternoon.
We have partnered with Accent Catering to provide a bespoke catering provision. All our lunch dishes are prepared from scratch using high quality, fresh ingredients from local and regional suppliers. A school lunch is compulsory for all pupils (with the exception of pupils in the Sixth Form and those with medical conditions and/or special dietary needs). The provision of food at school is a key part of GDST’s educational offer and is seen as an important pastoral responsibility. There is a good selection of healthy, balanced meals, and we encourage pupils to think about what they are eating.
- There is a strict ban on packet mixes or jars of sauces in our menus, allowing us to manage undesirable additives, salt and sugar content. The ingredients used in production are GM-free and we ensure there are no hydrogenated vegetable fats in the core ingredients.
- The menus are changed every term to ensure seasonality and include just the right blend of pupils’ favourite meal choices, whilst also introducing new and exciting things to try (scroll down the page for sample menus)
- There are always three choices of main meals, including a vegetarian choice, plus jacket potatoes and sandwiches or wraps.
- There is a plentiful selection of salads from our ever-popular healthy salad bar.
- We offer a selection of cold desserts including diced fruit and home-produced yoghurt pots every day.
- Medical and dietary requirements are also catered for.
For more information on our Caterer please click here.
Lunches cost £283.21 term for Reception-Year 11 for the academic year September 2023 to July 2024.