Virtual Reality in the classroom
Our third Learning Stream led by Matthew Llewellin and Karine Evans invited us to experience the practicalities and possibilities of using Google Expedition. In this Learning Stream we were transported to the solar system. As a result, this dynamic resource has been booked more frequently and staff and students have both found it easy to implement.
Six Super Reasons to use Google Expedition:
1. Increases Engagement.
2. Encourages active learning.
3. Encourages discussion and questioning.
4. Makes the subject more relatable.
5. Excellent resources for pupils with social, behavioural or emotional needs.
6. Takes students to destinations they may never go otherwise.
Really engaging for students – they loved it! Questioning seemed to help them consolidate knowledge on specific processes and features (loved the pointing tool for this)
– Jennie Morrow, Head of Geography